The Ultimate Road Pedal for Recreational Cycling featuring Speedplay Hybrid Pedal Technology!
Designed for the serious enthusiast or first time clipless user, the Speedplay Ultra Light Action Pedal System features an advanced hybrid pedal technology that combines the most user-friendly characteristics found in Speedplay's popular X and Zero road pedals. Speedplay Ultra Light Action pedals blend the legendary ease-of-entry and luxurious non-centering free-float of Speedplay's X Pedal System together with the robust spring design and enhanced durability of Speedplay's Zero Pedal System. Named "Ultra Light Action" after its unique low-force, high-security latch mechanism, the new Speedplay Ultra Light Action Pedal System provides the easiest and most intuitive entry and release functions ever
Learn about the
Learn about the
While Speedplay's primary design goal was to create the most user-friendly clipless pedal system ever, Ultra Light Action pedals continue to provide the same cutting-edge performance benefits that have made Speedplay pedals famous, including:
EASY DUAL-SIDED ENTRY: The symmetrical Ultra Light Action pedal is always in the right position for engagement, whether
it is right-side-up, upside-down, or anywhere in between.
- SELF-LOCATING CLEAT DESIGN: The Ultra Light Action pedal is automatically guided into the recessed cleat-cavity during engagement.
This makes the pedals extraordinarily easy to find by feel and eliminates the need to look down.
- SECURE ENGAGEMENT: The security of the engagement mechanism doesn't rely on spring tension, so it is not necessary
to have a stiff retention spring. It's easy to get in and out of without a struggle, and you won't have to worry about pulling out
- 15 DEGREE RANGE OF NON SPRING-RECENTERED FREE FLOAT: Free float without spring recentering tension allows feet to find their
natural float range during the pedal stroke and eliminates knee strain.
- LARGE, COMFORTABLE CLEAT PLATFORM: The pedal/cleat combination provides a large and stable platform that won't rock side-to-side, improving power efficiency
and all-day comfort. Keep in mind that with Speedplay's unique inverted design, the cleat is the platform!
- EXTREMELY LIGHT WEIGHT PEDALS AND CLEATS IMPROVE RIDING EFFICIENCY:
- Chrome-Moly pedal each - 110g
- Stainless pedal each - 103g
- Titanium pedal each - 82g
- Ultra Light Action cleats per pair - 69g/117g*
- UNBEATABLE CORNERING CLEARANCE: Thin pedal body
provides the lowest stack height and best cornering clearance available.
- EASY CLEAT SET-UP: Set-up is easy because no
complicated adjustments are needed.
- PRECISION BEARINGS: High precision cartridge and needle bearings
ensure high quality, low friction and durability.
- EASY MAINTENANCE: A built-in grease
port for easy bearing lubrication.
- FITS MORE SHOES: Ultra Light Action
cleats fit any shoe with a 3-hole or 4-hole mount.
Easy Ultra Light Action Clip-in. So easy to do by hand,
imagine how easy when on your bike!
The Ultra Light Action Pedal System is for you if you are a:
- Serious enthusiast seeking the easiest entry and easiest release of any pedal system
- Competitive cyclist who seeks a pedal for use in training and non-competition
- Rider who is new to clipless pedals
- All riders, including lighter weight riders such as women and youths, who desire low-force entry
- Rider who does not want to overcome a spring-tension stop to release from the cleat
- Rider updating from X series
- Rider who prefers a float range of 15 degrees
* Cleat weights for 4-hole/3-hole mounting.
Note: Ultra Light Action pedals are not compatible with Speedplay Zero and X-Series cleats. Ultra Light Action cleats are not compatible with Zero and X-Series pedals.
- Now all colors of Ultra Light Action Pedal Systems are available
with Ultra Light Action Walkable™ Cleats
- Ultra Light Action Red Titanium
- Ultra Light Action Sky Blue Stainless
- Ultra Light Action Black Stainless
- Ultra Light Action Pink Titanium
- Ultra Light Action White Stainless
- Speedplay Cleat Fastening Screw Torque Wrench ensures
proper torque of 2.5Nm / 22 in-lbs.Sold seperately.
Colors: White, Black, Red, Sky Blue, Pink, Red or Celeste
Ultra Light Action Titanium: With spindles produced in California from U.S. 6/4 grade titanium, the Ultra Light Action Titanium is one of the lightest pedals ever at 82 grams per pedal.
Ultra Light Action Stainless: At 103 grams per pedal, it’s one-third lighter than most other clipless systems.
Ultra Light Action Chrome-moly: The most economical Ultra Light Action Pedal System includes all the same great technical features.
SPEEDPLAY ULTRA LIGHT ACTION STOCK SPINDLE LENGTHS
- Chrome-Moly - 55mm
- Stainless - 53mm
- Titanium - 50mm
Need Custom Length Spindles?
Ultra Light Action Stainless pedals are available by special order from Speedplay dealers in the following spindle lengths: 50mm, 56mm, 59mm, 65mm
For proper cleat installation and the required routine maintenance of
|CLEAT TORQUE WRENCH
The Speedplay Cleat Fastening Screw Torque Wrench provides the proper torque of 2.5Nm / 22 in-lbs. required when installing Speedplay
Specially formulated to dry instantly and bond to the pedal and cleat surfaces, creating a highly protective barrier that does not attract dirt.
|GREASE GUN WITH GREASE
The Speedplay grease gun allows you to lubricate your Speedplay pedals quickly and cleanly without disassembly.
The innovative Speedplay Platformer 2.0 is a user-friendly, tool-free platform cover for Zero and Ultra Light Action pedals.
|ULTRA LIGHT ACTION WALKABLE™ CLEATS
Speedplay’s Ultra Light Action Walkable™ Cleats are the first truly walkable™ cleats for road pedals.
|ULTRA LIGHT ACTION WALKABLE™ CLEAT REPLACEMENT COVERS|
© Speedplay Inc. All Rights Reserved
|follow us on|