SYZR QUICK START SET-UP INSTRUCTIONS
The Speedplay Syzr is the only MTB pedal to deliver 100% of rider power directly through the cleats unlike other MTB pedals that waste energy by transferring power through the spongy rubber lugs of the shoes. To achieve this game-changing performance breakthrough, the Syzr Pedal System is fundamentally different in design than any other brand. Expect a period of adaptation as you acclimate to the unique ride characteristics of the Syzr Pedal System. Follow these important set-up instructions to ensure optimal performance in all conditions.
- Use only the amount of micro-adjustable float necessary for your riding comfort. Riding with more float than required may make cleat alignment for entry more difficult, so adjust cleat float to the minimum range needed.
- Use a lower spring tension setting. To achieve 100% power transfer, the Syzr was designed to exacting manufacturing tolerances. As a result, you must use a low spring tension for the pedals to operate properly in mud and sand.
- Avoid increasing spring tension during the adaptation period. Contrary to instinct, do not increase spring tension to control your feet from releasing inadvertently. Increasing spring tension makes routine entry and release more difficult, especially in dirty or wet environments. Adapting to a lower spring tension when riding is learned over time, so you should expect a period of adaptation of 2 to 3 weeks as you refine your technique and learn to control your feet when pedaling.
- Bring a tool with a T-10 Torx tip on rides. During your ride, adjust spring tension to allow consistent release in the worst conditions you encounter. Adapting to this setting ensures optimal entry and release in all conditions.
- Expect Syzr pedals to release more easily than other MTB pedals. The Syzr release takes less effort than with other MTB designs because the Syzr has no rubber contact friction between shoe and pedal. Other pedals that contact the rubber of the shoe sole create rotational friction or "stiction" and require more of an effort to release.
© Speedplay Inc. All Rights Reserved
|follow us on|