The Original Alternative
The Speedplay X Series' innovative design and unrestricted float changed the shape of clipless pedals and continues to prove that user-friendliness, comfort, and improved performance are all attainable in a simple, lightweight package.
The unique shape of X pedals provides knee-saving lateral rotation, without the self-centering action inherent in most pedals - your knees don't have to work against spring tension. The compact, low-profile shape of X pedals positions your foot closer to the spindle for optimal power transmission and unmatched cornering clearance. And their dual-sided design ensures easy entry and exit.
X Series Pedals were Speedplay's first double-sided design and earned a prestigious Designers Choice Award from ID Magazine, the premier publication in the field of industrial design.
Learn about the
DUAL-SIDED ENTRY: The symmetrical double-sided pedal self-locates just by stepping down into the cleat whether
the pedal is right side up, upside down or anywhere else in its rotation. No kicking, no fumbling, no looking; just step down and go.
- HALF THE WEIGHT OF OTHER CLIPLESS PEDAL SYSTEMS:
- X/2 Stainless pedals per pair - 198g
- X/1 Titanium pedals per pair - 150g
- X cleats per pair - 62g/110g*
- NON-CENTERING FREE FLOAT MINIMIZES THE POTENTIAL FOR KNEE STRAIN.
- UNBEATABLE CORNERING CLEARANCE:
- X/1 - 39 degrees
- X/2 - 37 degrees
- LARGE CONTACT AREA, EXTREMELY STABLE CLEAT-TO-SHOE CONNECTION.
- FITS MORE SHOES: X V.2 cleats fit any shoe with a 3-hole or 4-hole mount.
- STANDARD STEP-IN, TURN-OUT ENTRY AND RELEASE.
- EASY MAINTENANCE: A built-in grease
port for easy bearing lubrication.
- TRUE LOCKING MECHANISM: The X's locking mechanism does not rely on spring tension for security, so entering
and exiting Zero pedals is easy, but unintended release is virtually impossible.
SPEEDPLAY X SERIES SPINDLE LENGTHS
- Stainless - 53mm
- Titanium - 50mm
* Cleat weights for 4-hole/3-hole mounting.
Note: X-Series pedals are not compatible with Speedplay Ultra Light Action and Zero cleats. X-Series cleats are not compatible with Ultra Light Action and Zero pedals.
- X/1 Titanium
- X/1 Titanium & V.2 Cleat
- X/2 Stainless
- V.2 Cleat
- Speedplay Cleat Fastening Screw Torque Wrench ensures
proper torque of 2.5Nm / 22 in-lbs.Sold seperately.
The X Series Pedal System is for you if you are a:
- Rider who prefers a maximum float range
- Die-hard X pedal user
- Competitive cyclist
Also see Ultra Light Action Walkable™ Cleats.featuring an advanced hybrid pedal technology that combines the most user-friendly characteristics found in Speedplay's popular X and Zero road pedals. Includes color options and optional
For proper cleat installation and the required routine maintenance of
|CLEAT TORQUE WRENCH
The Speedplay Cleat Fastening Screw Torque Wrench provides the proper torque of 2.5Nm / 22 in-lbs. required when installing Speedplay
Specially formulated to dry instantly and bond to the pedal and cleat surfaces, creating a highly protective barrier that does not attract dirt.
|GREASE GUN WITH GREASE
The Speedplay grease gun allows you to lubricate your Speedplay pedals quickly and cleanly without disassembly.
© Speedplay Inc. All Rights Reserved
|follow us on|